Hi there! Seventeen-year-old girl in America, exploring and learning my way. I'm in love with art, music, nature, photography, activism, and my Boo <3 . . . *Twitter: @pammy_nosepoke* *Instagram: @Pammy_Nosepoke * *Dstable: vampiro*
Dad: Why do you think they do that?
Girl: Because the companies who make these try to trick the girls into buying the pink stuff instead of stuff boys want to buy. [x]
that awkward moment when a child understands the harm of forcing gender roles better than most grown male politicians.
I’m surprised that I haven’t reblogged this, to be honest.
I love that last gif. She looks so frustrated. Like “Um, hello, obviously girls and boys can like anything why doesn’t anybody get that???”
She does have a point though..
Kids who are smarter than adults though.
From the mouths of babes
this guy pulled out his dick in front of like 5 billion feminist protestors holy shit
Some context for the idiots claiming the women are overreacting:
This occurred at a Slut Walk. For those not familiar with it, the Slut Walk is basically a peaceful protest seeking to eliminate the rape apologism so prevalent in society. The basis is that no woman is “asking for it,” with “it” being rape. It’s not a feminist protest; it’s a human rights protest.
Many of the protesters, as you can probably imagine, have dealt with sexual harassment or rape in their own lives. Many of them have structured their daily activities to avoid being raped. The gathering is supposed to be a place for them to feel empowered and able to recover in the company of those who understand what they’ve been through or who will not blame them.
Nobody at a Slut Walk will tell a survivor that it’s her fault. They will not ask what she was wearing to provoke her attacker. Nobody will say she had too much to drink. Nobody will tell the men in the group that they are inherently rapists themselves, and nobody will tell a male survivor that his experience “wasn’t really rape.”
Then, this fellow comes along. He sees this gathering of survivors and their supporters, and to him, it’s a joke. He sees feminazis. He sees girls who are taking “a bit of fun” too seriously. And what does he do? He exposes himself to this group of survivors and supporters - some of whom are, in fact, underage.
He sexually harasses literally hundreds of women in one act. Aside from public indecency, there was cruel intent in his actions. He wanted to make them uncomfortable. He wanted to “put them in their place.” Other photos from this event show him flipping the protesters off and laughing at their anger.
And there are still people defending his actions. There are those who still feel like these women were asking for itand that they deserved to be harassed for trying to claim they weren’t. There are those who feel that women should be taught a lesson this way, and they applaud this man’s actions.
So no, he didn’t pull out his dick in front of feminist protesters. He harassed dozens - if not hundreds - of rape survivors. The reaction to his actions alone outline the purpose of the Slut Walk.
For those of you still doubting whether what he did was wrong (and I do wonder if there’s something wrong with you, if you have doubts), let me give you an analogous situation. Imagine a gathering of black civil rights activists. Imagine Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X, Rosa Parks, and all their colleagues gathered together to demonstrate that being black did not make them lesser people. That being black and living in the South did not mean they were “asking” to be the target of hate crimes.
And at this gathering, a white man decides he should teach them a lesson by pointedly hanging a noose from the nearest tree and laughing at their anger. And other white men, laughing along with him, commend him for taking these activists down a peg.
That’s what happened here. It’s not an “OMG, I can’t believe he did that!” moment. It’s an “OMG, there are people who think this is okay” moment. And the fact is, it’s not. It never will be. And that’s the take home message of this ridiculous rant I’ve written up.
And this is why we still need feminism.
this made me cry holy shit
That was hands down one of the most well-written and beautiful responses I have had the pleasure to read. Thank you
Do you ever get so angry, you get sad instead?
Like your anger just dissolves into a quiet sadness at the state if the world
We are torn between nostalgia for the familiar and an urge for the foreign and strange. As often as not, we are homesick most for the places we have never known.
Carson Mccullers (via psych-facts)
Interestingly, German has a word for this! Fernweh. In English, fernweh is described most closely as “homesick for somewhere you’ve never been, like a very strong, sad, lonely wanderlust. Missing the unknown world with all your being.”
Genderfuck by Toyota, starring Stav Strashko ;)
Watch the commercial here
Finally androgyns are taken seriously.
WORK IT BABY.
son of a bITCH HES GORGEOUS
Uhhh, can I BE you, please?
I also like the look the model gives the camera like ‘and you were expecting another over-sexualised commercial with a half naked woman for your male viewing pleasure. Mind fuck bitches.’
Perverted bastard deserves it. This guy make dudes bend, ‘til the point of where the word “straight” isn’t a word in their dicti
- PURPLE: We near never speak, but I do enjoy your presence on my dashboard.
- FUCHSIA: I wish I could become your best friend through the internet.
- GREY: You leave me with jumbled words.
- RED: I'm in love with you.
- PINK: I have a crush on you.
- TURQUOISE: You're hot.
- CHARTREUSE: I sincerely wish you would notice me.
- TEAL: We have quite a lot in common.
- BLUE: You are my Tumblr crush.
- ORANGE: I dislike your page.
- YELLOW: PLEASE FUCK ME.
- WHITE: PLEASE MARRY ME.
- GREEN: I find you cute.
- BLACK: I would date you.
- BROWN: I dislike you.
- OMG DO IT PLS
- Harry Potter: Tell us about a scar on your body
- Hermione Granger: What is your favorite book, how many times have you read it, and why do you love it?
- Ron Weasley: Something you're afraid of?
- Luna Lovegood: One thing that makes you different from everyone else.
- Fred Weasley: Can you do any magic tricks? What is the best one you can do? If you can't do any, what's the best one you've seen?
- George Weasley: What is the best prank you've ever played on someone?
- Neville Longbottom: Tell us an embarrassing story.
- Narcissa Malfoy: Do you have a good relationship with your family? Who are you closest to?
- Voldemort: If you were to create a Horcrux(s), what would it be and why?
- Bellatrix Lestrange: Have you ever loved someone who could never love you back?
- Ginny Weasley: Have you ever been in love with an unexpected person?
- Hedwig: If you went to Hogwarts, what kind of pet would you bring? (ex: cat, owl, rat, frog)
- Draco Malfoy: Is it better to be feared or to be loved?
- Rubeus Hagrid: What is your favorite mystical creature?
- Dolores Umbridge: Make a list of rules that your family (or whoever you choose) would have to follow if you made the rules.
- Lucius Malfoy: What is your most prized possession?
- Molly Weasley: What is the proudest moment of your life?
- Dobby: Who are you most loyal to?
- Sirius Black: Have you ever been accused of doing something you didn't do?
- Argus Filch: What's the worst job you've ever had?
- Dudley Dursley: How many presents do you usually receive on your birthday?
- Peter Pettigrew: Are you a leader or a follower?
- Cedric Diggory: Have you ever had a near death experience?
- Albus Dumbledore: What is the greatest obstacle you have ever overcome in your life?
- Minerva McGonagall: What is your favorite spell?
- Severus Snape: Are you a trustworthy person?
- Remus Lupin: If you transform into any one animal or creature, which one would it be?
- Uncle Vernon: What is your favorite day of the week?
- Mad Eye Moody: Who is the bravest person you know?
- Arthur Weasley: What do you think is the best "muggle" invention?
- Professor Sprout: What is your favourite class that is offered at Hogwarts?
- Nymphadora Tonks: If you could change one thing about your appearance what would it be?
- Moaning Mertile: What is something that always makes you cry?
- James Potter: Would you risk your life to save someone you truly love?
- Lily Potter: What color eyes do you have?
- Professor Trelawney: Have you ever dreamt something was going to happen and then it happened?
- Mr. Ollivander: What would your wand look like?
- Lavender Brown: Who is the last person who texted and have you ever had a crush on them?
- Cho Chang: If you were on the Quidditch team, what position would you play?
- Aunt Petunia: What is your favorite flower?